We just packaged darktable 1.4rc1 for more testing before releasing 1.4 proper in a few weeks. We’ve got tarballs,
a Macintosh DMG,
and Pascal’s Ubuntu darktable Unstable PPA has been updated, too:
Preliminary release notes are (also see RELEASE_NOTES in git/tarball):
- darktable now integrates a lua engine that allows writing scripts to make it easier to use with other image processing software. These scripts can be run when a particular event takes place (for example when a new image is imported) or when a particular keyboard shortcut is used. There are very few scripts available at this point but we expect the community to provide some more during the next release cycle.
- darktable now include several kinds of drawn masks: brush, circle, ellipse, path and gradients
- exporting in WebP format
- serious speed enhancements of lighttable when using large collections
- focus detection on lighttable
- local cached copies of images for offline files
- a few new blend mode like “HSV lightness”, “HSV color”, “Lab lightness” and “Lab color”
- new modules “contrast brightness saturation”, “color balance” and “color mapping” which replaces the now deprecated “color transfer” module
- new histogram mode “waveform”
- added a setting to automatically collapse modules to only have a single one expanded
- better user experience for bauhaus sliders: the popup now has a blinking cursor to make possible text entry more discoverable
- the text entry for bauhaus sliders and vimkeys’
:setcommand can now evaluate mathematical expressions
- many bug fixes and small improvements
- a tool for measuring basecurves from a sample image
- updated usermanual
- darktable now requires Gtk+ in version >= 2.24, Glib in version >= 2.30
Thanks to everybody helping out! please double check your credits in the about dialog and the AUTHORS file and give us a shout if you’re missing.
This is still a testing version, so please report all bugs you find to our bug tracker https://darktable.org/redmine/projects/darktable/issues so we can take care of them and make the release an outstanding one.
Hope you enjoy the release!