we’re proud to announce the fifth bugfix release for the 2.0 series of darktable, 2.0.5!
the github release is here: https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/release-2.0.5.
as always, please don’t use the autogenerated tarball provided by github, but only our tar.xz. the checksum is:
$ sha256sum darktable-2.0.5.tar.xz 898b71b94e7ef540eb1c87c829daadc8d8d025b1705d4a9471b1b9ed91b90a02 darktable-2.0.5.tar.xz $ sha256sum darktable-2.0.5.dmg e0ae0e5e19771810a80d6851e022ad5e51fb7da75dcbb98d96ab5120b38955fd darktable-2.0.5.dmg
and the changelog as compared to 2.0.4 can be found below.
- Add geolocation to watermark variables
- Mac: bugfix + build fix
- Lua: fixed dt.collection not working
- Fix softproofing with some internal profiles
- Fix non-working libsecret pwstorage backend
- Fixed a few issues within (rudimentary) lightroom import
- Some fixes related to handling of duplicates and/or tags
- Canon EOS 80D (no mRAW/sRAW support!)
White Balance Presets
- Canon EOS 80D
- Canon EOS 80D
I've started using darktable recently and I'm amazed by some of the features and the whole philosophy of the program.
I've switched to CentOs7 recently and I'm struggling building it from source, missing the libs : LensFun and Lua5.2.
Do you have any workaround ? How to ?
I mean, Linux PPA updated pretty soon after update was published.
When installing from source, I always use the checkinstall program (ex: `checkinstall make install` will make a package for the software, and install it), this way it's easier when you want to uninstall it.
It only needs a better shadow recovery algorithm and it's almost perfect!
Any idea when Canon's 1DX Mk II will be supported?
Does DT work with Lua 5.3 aswell?
I'll report success.
So to sum up on CentOs 7 / RHEL7 :
note: I did not bother building the docs as many deps are missing from Base. Same thing for osmgpsmap (Allowing GPS MAP).
-Install all the deps from official repos.
-Build Lensfun, LUA 5.2 and plugixml (shared lib with -fPIC) from source (straightforward.)
-Install Saxon from instructions.
-Darktable now builds without doc and gps!
All my stuff is recognized with Darktable out of the box (which is not with Adobe lightroom or Canon DDP!). In the Adobe case you have to buy a software upgrade for a lot of money to get the same support you get with Darktable. Canon DDP is for free, but has far weaker options than darktable and is just linked to the manufacturer.
Darktable 2.0.5 runs perfect under Linux Fedora. Just acitvate rpm fusion for the latest releases. In Ubuntu/Mint an old version is in the sources out of the box. So getting the darktable source key is a good idea.
I even experienced a lot of advantages in comparison to lightroom (besides the fact that Darktable is for free):
- nearly all new camera bodies are supported, if you install the latest version. I.E. my Samsung NX3000 is supported in Darktable, but not so in Lightroom 4)
- the workflow is even better in some areas. Its easier to get a picture in a landscape or portrait format which is needed very often.
- because Linux runs faster, consuming less resources on my machines, darktable is running faster and more stable than lightroom as well. So if you don't have extremely powerful machines for example business laptops with a Linux OS and Darktable are by far the better option.
- Darktable images get a little darker than lightroom images. In most cases darker images look more appealing. Many manufacturers especially Canon create at least in full automatic mode a little overexposed.
- look at the size of the packages. Lightroom is consuming a lot of space on your machine. Darktable doesn't. With ten times less file space you get the same results.
Besides Adobe lightroom via wine installation there are no alternatives to Darktable in Linux. Rawtherapee is not easy to use, Digikam takes a lot of time to load and process pictures. But for some special issues Gimp in Linux is a creat tool. Installing Darktable and Gimp you can't go wrong.
Just a things: keyboard to write numbers... only on my macbookpro ? :-)
loving darktable since long time. Thanks for that brilliant work!
Unfortunately all over sudden have an isse. LOCALES are all correct (since long time), but darktable don't accept it anymore and insists to talk English to me, rather than German. Downgrading to 2.0.4, the error remains, I know, this implies an issue here, but cannot find anything strange or changed. As I said, LOCALES are correct, other programs do accept them and show the correct language.
I donno other distros, but gentoo has changed the LINGUAS to L10N, which need to be set in /etc/make.conf resp. /etc/portage/make.conf.
I was struggling getting the language correct again, which worked, now is alright again...
Thanks for the great great darktable!!!!
Beside this small bug it is really a great piece of Software. It actually solved the limitiatons I had with Ado** and give me way better results.
Thx for this great work!
Each time DT starts, the main window is too large to fit the screen of my MacBook. So no access to the panel on the right of the interface...
I tried to minimize, maximize, close, open again, no improvement.
I have checked in parameters to be sure that my screen resolution is right, ok.
I feel also that the font size is bigger than previously. I don't remember the version I had before but it was 2.xx.
Do you have an idea ?
About a Spanish version: You should already see a translated GUI when your system language is set accordingly. In case that doesn't work you could try to edit ~/.config/darktable/darktablerc, search for the key "ui_last/gui_language" and set it to "es_ES".
There is also a problem with the mouse focus on rightclick context menus that gets sometimes lost. Then it is only possible to make a selection by arrowkeys.
And: Is there a "feature request" list somewhere? I would like to add RL-Deconvolution there, as sharpening-quality is not up to others at the moment.
Any idea what could be causing this?
The entire clEnqueueCopyImageToBuffer call is unimplemented (clEnqueueCopyImageToBuffer.c:15)
I'll soon own a new RX 480 and look forward to Linux 4.8. For now, Darktable is a no go.
1) thank you for this fantastic software :-)
2) on the 2.0.5 I can't removes a file, it write : "Trash not supported on OS X version < 10.8". When I click on "delete definitely" DT removes my photo but just in my collection not on my disk... when I reload the same folder , the photo is here.
3) after, I installed the 2.0.4 , DT wrote the same message "Trash not supported on OS X version < 10.8", BUT, when I click on "delete definitely", DT remove correctly the file on my disk (good thing :-)).
I'll stay on this old version
I am on Mac OSX 10.6.8.
However, I upgraded to a 4K screen a few months back , and also upgraded to 4.05. Performance is now very, very much worse, and I do have a pretty powerful system (Intel i3-600 with 16Gb memory running Mint Cinnamon).
Example - in darkroom mode using the thumbnails at the bottom of the screen it takes 40 seconds to switch to the next image. The memory and CPU usage both stay very low.
I'm sure there are configuration options that will help, can anyone suggest what could be going wrong, and what I should be checking?
In "darkroom" there's a pull down menu besides the thumbnail on top left. The default is "fit to screen", try using "small".
Now if you have any advice on how to take decent pictures in the first place . . . .
Thanks a lot for the hard work and this excellent software. Switching definitely under linux no more need of Lightroom.
You can get severals 5d Mark IV raw files samples here :
Does that correspond to what you need ?
Work nicely on OS X Yosemite.
New to DT. I've installed version 2.0.5 overwriting 2.0.4 (Mac El Capitan) dragging the mounted dmg to the applications folder and choosing "Replace", as suggested here. When opening 2.0.5 all "preferences" parameters are the same as in v 2.0.4 where some of the core options were modified. Is this correct or did I fail to remove configuration files in some other system or library folder? Did I have to uninstall or delete v2.0.4 first?
thank you very much for this great software. I use it very often. But after the last dist.-upgrade in my "siduction"-linux-os I don't know, where does ver. 2.0.5-2+b1 store the jpgs after developping? (if it really stores them at all?) And how can I make the Letters smaller?
Thank you for every hint
One feature that may be useful would be to be able to reset the exposure and black point independently by double-clicking in the left or right field of the histogram, respectively.
Just keep up the good work. Much appreciated!