we’re proud to announce the second bugfix release for the 2.0 series of darktable, 2.0.2!
the github release is here: https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/release-2.0.2.
as always, please don’t use the autogenerated tarball provided by github, but only our tar.xz. the checksum is:
$ sha256sum darktable-2.0.2.tar.xz 75ea6354eb08aab8f25315a2de14c68dc6aad6ee5992061beea624afc7912400 darktable-2.0.2.tar.xz $ sha256sum darktable-2.0.2.dmg 33789b5a791770f9308cc653aaf50b0e9c054a0fbdd5e4a1d2e48e2bf6553f95 darktable-2.0.2.dmg
and the changelog as compared to 2.0.1 can be found below.
- Require glib of at least version 2.40
- Add support for DNGs from x3f_extract
- Support XMP files from Ramperpro timelapse controllers from ElysiaVisuals
- Fix some problems with sluggish GUI when Lua is compiled in
- Some High DPI fixes
- Small theming fixes
- Fix some strings being too long in the GUI, especially when using localized versions
- Fix a potential crash with malformed GPX files
- Fix wrong zoom level of the map when searching for a location
- Put XMP metadata into the right Exif fields
- Fix a crash in masks.
- Fix a crash in demosaicing
- Fix Markesteijn demosaicing
- Fix a crash when moving the mouse while going to darkroom when crop&rotate is active
- Fix discrepancy between CPU and OpenCL codepath in invert
- Fix some crashes with certain TIFF files
- Fix build with GCC6
- Fix build with osmgpsmap older than 1.1.0
- Fix compilation when there are spaces in the path names
- Fujifilm X-Pro2
White balance presets
- Pentax K-S2
- Fujifilm X-T10
- Pentax K-S2
It's always nice to see my favourite RAW editor getting even better.
it doesn't work. Darktable freez when I open some pictures.
With Version 1:2.0.1 it was all fine
Like a link on the download page, thanking him for the port,
and stating clearly that it is unsupported by the Darktable team
and completely unofficial.
To get 2.0.X You have to add another repository using the terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmjdebruijn/darktable-release
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Anyone can help me with this?
I recently installed Dark Table and I want to migrate my collections from Adobe Lightroom... I found some old post, but I want to know if it is a good way now and where I can learn it.
"Specify where to write metadata changes
Lightroom automatically writes adjustments and settings metadata to the catalog. You can also instruct Lightroom to write the changes to XMP. In order for changes made in Lightroom to be recognized by other applications, metadata must be written to XMP.
Choose Edit > Catalog Settings (Windows) or Lightroom > Catalog Settings (Mac OS).
Click the Metadata tab, and then do either of the following:
To write adjustments and settings metadata to XMP, select Automatically Write Changes Into XMP.
To write adjustments and settings metadata only to the catalog, deselect Automatically Write Changes Into XMP.
If you don’t write adjustments and settings metadata to XMP automatically, you can select a file and choose Metadata > Save Metadata To File."
So I think I'll be able to start using DarkTable soon...
2. Where can I find a glossary of terms used in Darktable?
3. Will there be a help file other than forums and user manual? I would like someone to walk me through the processing of an image from RAW file to jpeg.
So if you want something like an AppImage (I actually had to google that first – do people really like using a bloaty thing like that instead of a properly packaged install for their system?) you have to do it yourself.