we’re proud to announce the third release candidate in the new feature release of darktable, 2.0~rc3.
the release notes and relevant downloads can be found attached to this git tag:
please only use our provided packages (“darktable-2.0.rc3.*” tar.xz and dmg) not the auto-created tarballs from github (“Source code”, zip and tar.gz). the latter are just git snapshots and will not work! here are the direct links to tar.xz and dmg:
the checksums are:
$ sha256sum darktable-2.0~rc3.tar.xz 4d81527350e6f722da484bdcd3f620918321b0e15b1fdad219821abbf23c2c89 darktable-2.0~rc3.tar.xz $ sha256sum darktable-2.0~rc3.dmg 109d5f14cd71fcee29b6646698028fde1f864c6cd51c5c25086b1a1d9f9578b2 darktable-2.0~rc3.dmg
packages for individual platforms and distros will follow shortly.
as we’re closing in to the final version, we are also officially in string freeze as of now. this affects darktable, not the user manual.
the changes from rc2 include minor bugfixes, such as:
camera support improvements
- add support for the Canon PowerShot G5 X
- basic support for Olympus SP320
- Panasonic LF1 noise profile and white balance presets
- noiseprofiles: add Sony A77mk2
fixed a few memleaks
3:1 aspect ratio as preset in crop&rotate
magic lantern-style deflicker has been activated in the exposure module
and the preliminary changelog as compared to the 1.6.x series can be found below.
when updating from the currently stable 1.6.x series, please bear in mind that your edits will be preserved during this process, but it will not be possible to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.6.x any more. be careful if you need darktable for production work!
happy 2.0~rc3 everyone :)
- darktable has been ported to gtk-3.0
- new thumbnail cache replaces mipmap cache (much improved speed, less crashiness)
- added print mode
- reworked screen color management (softproof, gamut check etc.)
- removed dependency on libraw
- removed dependency on libsquish (solves patent issues as a side effect)
- unbundled pugixml, osm-gps-map and colord-gtk
- text watermarks
- color reconstruction module
- raw black/white point module
- delete/trash feature
- addition to shadows&highlights
- more proper Kelvin temperature, fine-tuning preset interpolation in WB iop
- noiseprofiles are in external JSON file now
- monochrome raw demosaicing (not sure whether it will stay for release, like Deflicker, but hopefully it will stay)
- aspect ratios for crop&rotate can be added to conf (ae36f03)
- navigating lighttable with arrow keys and space/enter
- pdf export – some changes might happen there still
- brush size/hardness/opacity have key accels
- the facebook login procedure is a little different now
- export can upscale
- we no longer drop history entries above the selected one when leaving darkroom or switching images
- text/font/color in watermarks
- image information now supports GPS altitude
- allow adding tone- and basecurve nodes with ctrl-click
- new “mode” parameter in the export panel
- high quality export now downsamples before watermark and frame to guarantee consistent results
- Lua scripts can now add UI elements to the lighttable view (buttons, sliders etc …)
- a new repository for external Lua scripts was started
-> I tried nearly everything to deflicker Timelapse shoots with linux, and it still is pain! I would love to see this working natevly in darktable, this release seems to become the biggest christmas present this year! :)
Thank you so so much!
UI now looks great now on my HiDPI screen. Feels like an early christmas present. Thanks so much!
I've problems accessing the bug report.
Am Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2015, 14:02:17 schrieben Sie:
Tobias, test files for the 1Dx & 5DsR are ready.
Same scene, shot at WB set to Auto, Daylight and Cloudy including RAW, mRAW
and sRAW formats. Please let me know when you’d like me to upload them to
my server. Also let me know, after reviewing files, if there are any
problems or you need anything additional.
Jack, Please file a bug report for each camera and link the pictures there. I
personally don't deal with camera support.
* noiseprofiles: add Sony A77mk2
Thank you, I was waiting so long for this.
But for it works, I must modify the file noiseprofiles.json and replace the line [ "model": "Fujifilm X30" ] by [ "model": "X30" ].
Wow, this is great!
Only one wish, in some point there was a change that exif information is not written to file when exporting tiff. This would be nice to get fixed!
Thank you for your hard work!
I was finally changing the language to English and actually that makes a difference. So that seems to be my only option at the moment.
Maybe it's a GTK 3.0 issue but resizing the app window generally seems to be a problem. I see different uncommon/weird behavior when maximizing the window and/or running it fullscreen. The later does not work at all for me as the menu bar is indeed hidden, but the space release isn't used be the app (same for the dock).
I would give 2.0 a try on my iMac (21" with 1680x1050) but that's an old one still running 10.7.5. Darktable directly crashes because of an incompatibility with cups (at least that's what I understand from the crash report).
As this is probably the wrong place to discuss my problem, should I redirect it to the mailing list?
Please create a new bug report about crash on 10.7 in our redmine issue tracker. I would like to support older OS X releases, but I only have 10.10, so without people submitting crash logs there's nothing I can fix.
The tab options in Colour Zones don't work too well IMHO - it is difficult to tell which is selected - but other than that many many thanks .
If you have problems with it, better ask on the IRC channel (at irc.freenode.net, channel #darktable) or on the mailing list (https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/darktable-users)
I tried to edit darktablerc without success. Is there any other option?