We are happy to announce that darktable 1.6.3 has been released.
The release notes and relevant downloads can be found attached to this git tag:
Please only use our provided packages (“darktable-1.6.3.*” tar.xz and dmg) not the auto-created tarballs from github (“Source code”, zip and tar.gz). The latter are just git snapshots and will not work! Here’s the direct link to tar.xz:
and the DMG:
this is another point release in the stable 1.6.x series.
sha256sum darktable-1.6.3.tar.xz 852bb3d307b0e2b579d14cc162b347ba1193f7bc9809bb283f0485dfd22ff28d sha256sum darktable-1.6.3.dmg be568ad20bfb75aed703e2e4d0287b27464dfed1e70ef2c17418de7cc631510f
- Make camera import window transient
- Allow soft limits on radius
- Fix soft boundaries for black in exposure
- Change order of the profile/intent combo in export dialog
- Support read/write of chromaticities in EXR
- Allow to default to :memory: db in config
- Add mime handler for non-raw image file formats
- Improved lens model name detection for Sony SAL lenses
- Fix buffer overrun in SSE clipping loop for highlight handling
- Prevent exporting when an invalid export/storage is selected
- Hopefully last fix for aspect ratios in crop and rotate (#9942)
- No tooltip when dragging in monochrome (#10319)
- Panasonic LX100 (missing non-standard aspect ratio modes)
- Panasonic TZ60
- Panasonic FZ1000
- KODAK EASYSHARE Z1015 IS
- Canon 1DX (missing sRAW modes)
- Canon A630 and SX110IS (CHDK raw)
white balance presets
- Panasonic FZ1000
- Panasonic TZ60
- Panasonic LX100
- Canon Rebel T3 (non-european 1100D)
- nikon d750
- Canon EOS 1DX
keep on the good work!
I look forward my next tumbleweed upload.
BTW, ¿any news about 1.4 DNG support finally?
Any hope of this changing?
I have ever to install RawTherapee only for this issue to work with this improved DNGs when I need them.
But, nevertheless, Dartable is my very app for processing since 2011 because is perfect for me in what raw concerns.
darktable even offers you more: there is a "local copy" feature allowing you to temporarily copy over images to your local disk if you need to edit them on the run without having your external drive / network drive available and sync it when you return. See http://www.darktable.org/usermanual/ch02s02s09.html.php
First of all, congratulations for this piece of software, keep on rocking!!!
I've got a couple of issues in this new 1.6.3 release:
Kubuntu 14.04 64 bits
Versión de KDE SC 4.13.2
MacBookPro 5,5 (2009) 13''
2x Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7550 @ 2.26GHz
1) It crashes when exporting, I've just tried jpeg 8bit and Tiff 8bit:
kernel [499.207997] darktable: segfault at 0 ip (null)sp 00007f1528b928c8 error 14 in darktable[400000+1000]
I've got the BackTrace too.
2) Maximized and Fullscreen window is too big for my 13'' screen in Lighttable.
Anyway I can manage with this issue but, I need to export :-)
I've always had the screen problem but I could export in DT 1.6.2
Programs that open the file ok: LightZone, Photivo, Rawtherapee.
Programs that open the file anyway: Gwenview (albeit al 50% resolution), Delaboratory 0.8 (albeit it's 50% magenta all over).
The sample from mlrawviewer also uses an unsupported compression.
"Two Compression tag values are supported in DNG versions before 22.214.171.124:
• Value = 1: Uncompressed data.
• Value = 7: JPEG compressed data, either baseline DCT JPEG, or lossless JPEG
So this should be supported since even version 1.1 has it ( http://is.gd/O3UotE ignore the warning, strangely that archive.org has been marked as malware ), right?
Some info here: http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/articles/dng/specification.htm#jpeglossless
Anyway in the mean time, you can force mlrawviewer to export uncompressed by editing ExportQueue.py at line 471 by changing ljpeg = "True" to "False" and delete ExportQueue.pyc.
Many thanks for the work you have done for the Canon 1DX it is much appreciated.
J'aimerais savoir si on peut ajouter Lensfun 0.3.0 a Darktable 1.6.3, installé sur Ubuntu 14.04.2.
Je possède un Samyang 12 mm F2 utilisé sur un Fuji X-E1, cet objectif figure dans la liste des objectifs corrigés avec la version 0.3.0 (mais il y a uniquement Sony E dans la balise du fichier XML ?).
A part ça vraiment top Darktable.
I would like to know if using Lensfun 0.3.0 on Darktable 1.6.3 is possible, on Ubuntu 14.04.2. I own a Samyang 12 mm F2 used with a Fuji X-E1, this gear is in the list of gears corrected with version 0.3.0 (however there is only Sony E in the XML tag).