we just released a new tarball for the first release candidate in the next feature release (1.2):
as a feature release, it comes with a lot of new goodies:
- profiled denoising: adapt to the properties of your camera’s sensor (72 cameras already profiled for you).
- lightroom import: convert some basic edits from your lightroom collection to darktable operations.
- multi instance support: duplicate your modules and apply them more than one time with different settings.
- improved usability for distorting modules (streamline spot removal in the presence of crop/rotate for example).
- selective copy/paste of image processing.
- new more intuitive keystone correction tool.
- jpeg2000 support.
- graphics magick import (support virtually all input image formats).
- much faster thumbnail loading (if you can live with crappy embedded thumbnails).
- incredibly lengthy list of small bug fixes, performance enhancements, and usability improvements.
- new camera support (decode and color matrices).
- dithering against banding.
- sharper thumbnails in lighttable mode.
- new oauth2 based picasa uploader.
- and the final release 1.2 will contain a thoroughly overhauled user manual, proof read by natives (thanks heaps guys!).
- ca: 253 translated messages, 394 fuzzy translations, 912 untranslated messages.
- cs: 1457 translated messages, 63 fuzzy translations, 39 untranslated messages.
- de: 1558 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation.
- es: 1554 translated messages, 5 fuzzy translations.
- fi: 623 translated messages, 515 fuzzy translations, 421 untranslated messages.
- fr: 1558 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation.
- gl: 406 translated messages, 561 fuzzy translations, 592 untranslated messages.
- it: 1458 translated messages, 61 fuzzy translations, 40 untranslated messages.
- ja: 1548 translated messages, 10 fuzzy translations, 1 untranslated message.
- nl: 1554 translated messages, 5 fuzzy translations.
- pl: 1454 translated messages, 62 fuzzy translations, 43 untranslated messages.
- pt_BR: 1549 translated messages, 6 fuzzy translations, 4 untranslated messages.
- pt_PT: 1554 translated messages, 5 fuzzy translations.
- ro: 726 translated messages, 453 fuzzy translations, 380 untranslated messages.
- ru: 1139 translated messages, 230 fuzzy translations, 190 untranslated messages.
- sq: 1553 translated messages, 6 fuzzy translations.
- sv: 1558 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation.
- th: 171 translated messages, 203 fuzzy translations, 1185 untranslated messages.
- uk: 1538 translated messages, 14 fuzzy translations, 7 untranslated messages.
- zh_CN: 1083 translated messages, 254 fuzzy translations, 222 untranslated messages.
NB The GIT version is at 1.2rc1 and is working.
Thank your efforts to bring this awsome tool.
when it is expected the use of brushes?
I only checked it with Canon EOS 350D so far, but thought there are individual profiles for particular cameras.
I am talking about the linux version, 1.2rc1 from darktable-unstable ppa
So maybe it's somehow related, but my lenses are not always correctly recognized. For example in the information box (last box of lighttable's left panel) the lens is displayed as (65535) while it is Canon EF-S 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM. In lens correction I need to select the lens manually, and even then the lens remains 65535 in the info panel.
Thank you very much for the great piece of software and help with my issue.
The one thing I do not get along with is the lack of an easy to use and powerful sharpening tool. Neither Sharpen (which equals "mask unsharp") nor the Equalizer do it for me. It's the one thing I still do in the Gimp.
It's not all that bad - I can live with a two-program-workflow. If I had a wish, it would be a powerful and easy "sharpen" tool, though.
Have you tried this one yet?
PS: Please hurry up and add masks/brushes to Darktable. It's the only thing that still keeps me on AfterShot Pro. :)
Great work guys!
They are as always available from my Darktable Unstable PPA: