we've got a new release for you:
since we have quite a lot of new features (masks etc, see below), there is an updated usermanual:
ubuntu packages are already available in the usual place, and there is a new macintosh disk image:
more detailed release notes:
- darktable now integrates a lua engine that allows writing scripts to make it easier to use with other image processing software. These scripts can be run when a particular event takes place (for example when a new image is imported) or when a particular keyboard shortcut is used. There are very few scripts available at this point but we expect the community to provide some more during the next release cycle.
- darktable now includes several kinds of drawn masks: brush, circle, ellipse, path and gradients
- exporting in WebP format
- serious speed enhancements of lighttable when using large colections
- focus detection on lighttable
- local cached copies of images for offline files
- a few new blend mode like "HSV lightness", "HSV color", "Lab lightness" and "Lab color"
- new modules "contrast brightness saturation", "color balance" and "color mapping" which replaces the now deprecated "color transfer" module
- new histogram mode "waveform"
- added a setting to automatically collapse modules to only have a single one expanded
- better user experience for bauhaus sliders: the popup now has a blinking cursor to make possible text entry more discoverable
- the text entry for bauhaus sliders and vimkeys' ":set" command can now evaluate mathematical expressions
- additional logarithmic mode for editing the basecurve
- many bug fixes and small improvements
- a tool for measuring basecurves from a sample image
- a tool to check the system's color management setup. call cmake with -DBUILD_CMSTEST=On to build and install it. packagers probably want that.
- updated usermanual
- darktable now requires Gtk+ in version >= 2.24, Glib in version >= 2.30
- Ricoh Pentax K-3 PEFs aren't supported yet (DNGs work fine)
- Nikon D5300 isn't supported yet
hope you have a couple of days off to enjoy the release!