The top panel is common to all darktable views and provides a number of common utility functions.
🔗On the left-hand-side
- Choose which images to view in the lighttable/filmstrip, based on star rating and reject status.
- sort by
- Choose the property to sort by from the dropdown.
- sort order
- Switch the sort order (ascending / descending) with the arrow-toggle.
🔗On the right-hand-side
- Expand or collapse grouped images
- thumbnail overlays
- Define what information is displayed over thumbnails in the lighttable/filmstrip.
- You can define different settings depending on the thumbnail size in preferences > lighttable
- context-sensitive help
- Click on this icon and then click on a control element to be directed to the appropriate online help page.
- Open the preferences & settings dialog