Create areas or locations and organize them as hierarchical tags. The pipe “|” character can be used to insert a new level (a group of locations).
A location is shown as a shape on the map when selected. Initially each location will be represented as a square or circle and can be changed to a rectangle or ellipse by adjusting the shape’s width and/or height. Each location is stored as tag entry under the geotagging collection.
- Select the circle or rectangle symbol to choose the default shape for new locations.
- new location / new sub-location
- When no location is selected the new location button lets you create a location at root level. When a location is selected the new sub-location button lets you create a sub-location within the selected location.
- show all
- Show or hide all locations that are visible on the current map.
🔗actions on the locations list
- Select (or de-select) a location. If the location is not visible on the map, the map is automatically centred on that location.
- Edit the name of the location. Press Enter to save changes or Esc to close the editing window without saving.
- Call up a sub-menu which allows you to:
- Edit the name of the location.
- Delete the location.
- Update the filmstrip – the filmstrip will be populated all images within the selected location.
- Switch to the lighttable view and show a collection that contains all the images within the selected location.
🔗actions on locations in the map
- click and drag
- Move the location shape to a new position on the map.
- Ctrl+click or Ctrl+Shift+click
- Move an image or a group of images to place them inside a location shape.
- mouse scroll
- When inside a location shape (but not over an image), increase or decrease the size of that shape.
- When hovering over an image, display the different thumbnails of images located at that position on the map.
- When outside a location shape (and not over an image) zoom the map in or out.
- Increase or decrease the width of the location shape.
- Increase or decrease the height of the location shape.
- click on a location shape
- Select a different location when the show all checkbox is selected.